Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Thoughts on the changing seasons...

Summer...I know we had a beautiful summer, but it felt like a whirlwind...where did it go? 
I was telling my friends last night that I regret not having enough time to spend in my garden this summer.  But now, as I am sitting in my much negelected office, I just came across a note that puts everything in perspective...
"Don't cry because it's over - Smile because it happened" Dr. Suess...

And so I didn't have enough perennial gardening time, but I did so many other things that I now smile about...like my niece's Grad Party....My sister planted these georgeous hens & chicks in her old shoes and I painted a set of Burma Shave signs to line the driveway!


I also finally completed building the cement "Courting Chair" for my friends in Minneapolis.  We started it last fall.  Now that the metal lath construction is done, and cement has been applied, it will be ready to mosiac...a job I may help with, but certainly has to be the owners own interpretation! 


July 4th ended up being a very fun time with my family.  To help my parents celebrate 65 years of marriage, we decorated a float and road in the Evansville, MN 4th of July parade!  And of course we threw candy and blew bubbles!


A georgeous HOT day and great July memory was watching my son Eddie compete and place 3rd in the "Volcum Wild In the Parks" Skateboard competition in St. Cloud.  We will be headed to Austin, Texas in October to see him compete in the National series of this competition!  By the way, he has been growing and is now taller than I.



A week later, we headed off to Colorado for a week of snowboard camp at Copper Mountain for Eddie.  (He says it was the best week of his life).  While Eddie was snowboarding, my hubby and I traveled through Colorado and New Mexico! 




After our wonderful week out west, it was time to get to business...the business of having a fabulous weekend for Checkered Past selling my primitive wares at the annual Vintage Car Show, followed by Tall Timber Days, a wonderful day at the Amish Auction to find some great treasures and just recently hosting the Northern Cruisers Classic Car Fall Run right outside our shop door!








So now I'm busy creating fun things for fall...who needs gardening anyway!
Checkered Past is open the first Thursday-Saturday 10-6 and first Sunday, noon to 4,
the second Thursday-Saturday, and every remaining Friday and Saturday, 10-6 of each month.

I will also be setting up my RED TENT at Edge of the Wilderness Antiques on Saturday, September 17 for the famous Hwy 38 Garage Sale....

Watch for my annual OCTOBER ANNIVERSARY SALE...Everything in the "RED TENT" is 50% OFF!!!  Saturday, October 8th!

No comments: